[FC] Help choosing tires -

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Tue Oct 27 10:32:59 EDT 2009

> Likewise.  I really only use summer tires on the Corvairs now, in
> Virginia when it's cold enough that they don't work well the Corvairs
> stay home anyway.
>
> --Bryan

Here in southeast VA, I run the Rampy and the 65 convertible in the winter - I can't give up a whole season.  But, we rarely have salt on our roads and the heaters work fine.  I do avoid driving the old clinkers if they've put the sand out.

Michelin X-radials on the Rampy by the way.  205/70-14 I think.  They transformed  the handling from the three different brand, dried up old tires that were on it when I bought it (at least they were all the same size).