[FC] click and clack noise - not U-joint

Wild8bill at aol.com Wild8bill at aol.com
Sat Apr 10 12:33:15 EDT 2010

I took apart my U-joints and rebuilt them, and the clicking noise on
rotation is still there, but one thing I didn't take note of last time is that
the location of the click moves counter clockwise by about 10% with every
rotation; if that particular location of the U-joint is at 9:00 on the first
revolution (counter clockwise as if driving forward, it doesn't make the
noise  going the other way), on the next revolution the click will be at 8:00,
and so  forth. I noticed that I was a little low on diff. fluid, so I'm
topping that off  today to see if it helps.

-Bill
Richmond, CA