[FC] Rampside issues remain unsolved!

Steve Turner imakarknut at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 08:19:36 EDT 2010

Hi gang;  I took a bunch of people's recommendation and installed a new coil in
our '61 Rampside with a car engine as motivation.  It appeared cured as I drove
about 10 miles before the onset of the symptoms, a brief stalling of the engine
before to kicked back in, the red light went off and I resumed speed.  Then on
the return trip(12 miles) I had no symptoms until I turned into our drive where
at very slow speed it died.  I started it right up thinking it just died just
because and put it away.  Later that day we drove it back to the Gilmore Museum
for a cruise-in, the same 12 miles with no issues.  However, the return
trip proved to be filled with issues, namely the stalling, self restarting with
one time totally stalling out at speed so I had to key restart.  Those symptoms
continued the rest of the 7 miles home.  The car never totally stalled out.  We
went slow, fast, up hill and down, lights on and off, over bumps etc. but I
couldn't find a common factor.  A loose wire, the generator failing, fuel
issues???  Any help would be most appreciative as my wife was white knuckled the
entire trip home, fearing we would be walking home in the near dark.  Many
thanks.  Steve T. in Battle Creek, MI