[FC] Electric Fuel Pumps

J Corey jcorey at escapees.com
Mon Aug 23 00:05:15 EDT 2010

My 62 Greenbrier has an electric fuel pump, mounted about halfway back on
the frame rail (if it had a frame <vbg>).  A year or so ago the pump died
(natural causes  --  it was old).  I replaced it with a Carter, which lasted
a few months, and stopped pumping.  Installed another, under warranty.  It
lasted a couple of months.  Another warranty replacement.  Just finished
installing another, after replacing fuel filters (1 before the pump, one in
the engine compartment.)  I dropped the tank.  There were a couple of
flecks, and a small piece of hard material, maybe 2" long, threadlike.
Might have come from the gasket at the sender.  Anyway, tank is clean.  Blew
out lines.  Rubber hoses are in good shape, replaced within the year.  Why
am I losing fuel pumps?  I'm about to lose my FLAP store.

Jim Corey

'62 Greenie

'63 Vert

'64 Coupe (in the sick bay)