[FC] Manual Choke Cable and Block

Jim Forgey jforgey4 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 15 09:00:36 EST 2010

Happy Holidays All,

Quick question that probably has an easy solution - I hope-

The manual choke cable on my Lakewood is very very difficult to move - I have
been told that most of the time the issue is on the Block located in the engine
compartment. Any advice on steps to get the cable moving freely - have done the
usual PB blaster - tried some light grease- what next?, some Lakewood owners
have told me that back in the day - mechanocs used to just throw the block out -
nobody ever mentioned what they replaced it with though.

As always any guidance is appreciated.

Again happy and safe holiday to all.

Sincerely,

Jm Forgey