[FC] Corvanatics Digest, Vol 71, Issue 10

gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Wed Dec 15 14:30:17 EST 2010

I have never run an LT tire on any of my FC's

Just regular passenger car tires.

That said.
It is very possible the tires you have are pretty old, being an LT tire in that size.
Not very common now.
But I have found that when I need one tire that may be an odd ball size, local auto recyclers (junkyards) generally have some pretty decent stuff very inexpensive.
One of your local yards may have the tire you need!

For me, I also have a guy who weekly sells used tires at a huge flea market in my area.
He comes in weekly with truckloads, mostly "low mileage tires taken off wrecks, and cleaned and sold as used.

My wife's Jeep has a fairly uncommon size 225 x 70 R15
I buytires in that size from him all the time.
My wife goes through 2 sets of tires a year delivering mail, so it keeps expenses down for us buying used.

Gary Swiatowy

---- "dan at proseverse.com" <dan at proseverse.com> wrote:
> My '63 Greenbrier is running 195/75R14 LT rated tires. They are noisy. I ended
up with a hole in the sidewall of one tire and, despite having good tread, need
to replace all four. I was told that they don't make LT rated tires in that size
for any price less than $170. So, I'm getting P-rated tires of the same size,
some Goodyear "off brand". Just wondering if there is anything I should be
concerned about running my 'brier on something other than LT tires. What would
be the suggested PSI range for front/rear for optimal handling. Should be a
smoother run than the current knobby LTs but I also want to be safe and get
optimal wear.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.