[FC] Corvanatics Digest, Vol 71, Issue 10

Bruce Gwyther vairman at q.com
Wed Dec 15 14:30:34 EST 2010

Unless you are carrying  heavy loads, the P-rated tires are just fine .
Greenbriers only weigh about 3100 pounds and that is less than a lot of cars
that use P-rated tires.  My recomendation is to use 205/75R14 tires. The
speedometer will be more accurate and the even carry a little heavier load
rating. I have used them for thirty years and find them to be just right.
In fact, when I lived in Texas, I carried 2400 pounds from Abilene to
Houston (350 miles) in my rampside with no trouble at all. When I moved back
to Utah, I carried 2200 pounds in it with no trouble, either (1500+ miles).
I currently have multiple FC's and all I use are p205/75R14 Tires..
                                             Bruce Gwyther
                                             Clinton, Utah