[FC] Best engine combo

Mike Clark mclark67 at charter.net
Thu Dec 30 22:20:01 EST 2010

Good evening group and Happy New Year.

What are some ideas for a good engine combination for a 61 Rampside with a 4speed?

Right now it has a car's 110 and I think it's been cooked, several times.  It needs to go.

I want it to stay a 4speed.  It's primary use will be that of a basic pickup.  Some medium-duty hauling, and maybe towing a small camper.

With all the Corvair engines out there, what's going to give me the most for my efforts?  I don't care if it's a car motor or based on a car block, but I for sure don't want to put something together and then find out it's a dog.  Also, what's a good rear end to go with it?  Tire size?

Thanks much.

Mike Clark
Stockbridge, Georgia