[FC] My Best engine combo

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Fri Dec 31 14:03:20 EST 2010

I am building such an engine for "Chuckster" (yeah, named after my and our
good bud, Louis "Chuckster" Armer). I think it is the best idea so far. '64
110 maybe with less cr.,  92 mm, flowed small valve heads, single carb per
head, 140 exh stacks and manifolds. Full sheet metal. FC block. Not sure of
cam yet. Probably a custom re-grind, although some of the stock ones are
candidates.  Probably Pertronix or MSD with Chrysler conversion or one of
Seth's distributor creations. Seth's wires. Currently 3 spd but will be a 4
spd, once I find a suitable candidate. Idea is for low rpm, high torque.
Tom Knoblauch is flowing the heads and re-working them possibly with larger
valves.
Dave Clemens is building cyl, rods, pistons, rings.
I "may" use larger throttle plate carbs with stock size venturi, all for
good low end response.
I will use a 3.55 for all-around use.

Chuck S
BBRT