[FC] solar 'Brier

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Wed Feb 24 11:39:39 EST 2010

I have mixed emotions about the solar panels. It depends on how much you plan to use the Brier as a motel room. Most motorhomes only use them if you plan on dry camping for more than a couple of days. You might think about making them portable and able to store inside the van when you travel. I have dry camped for a week at a time without solar panels, everyother day I would just start the generator and charge the house batteries. You really do need to have an isolator of some kind because there will be the time that you will run the battery(s) down and then you are stuck! You say, "I will have solar panels to charge with", What if it rains and is cloudy???? Solar panels don't work without sun.

Just pointing out a few things, been there done that.

Ken Hand
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com