[FC] museumbrier heater

Sarah Roberson robersonanderson6 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 28 12:06:21 EST 2010

Hey hows it going,

hope I'm doing this right, this is my first post...
I just got a 64, eight door and I am in the middle of installing the gas heater now! Saturday with the help of the Corvair Ranch (PA., minutes away from me) I disasembled, blasted, painted, and found all my replacement parts. Next Saturday I will reassemble and install.

If you really want a working heater ready for install - what I would do is call the Corvair Ranch and set something up, they are listed with CORSA. And if we all time it right, we could even test it on my van before it gets shipped out to you.

If you go your own way - the things to look for are:
rubber condition on all the furnace components, namely the fuel stop. These components from Clarks are $100, sold as a kit only.
condition of the spark plug - it shouldn't be sharp
on the furnace - is the exhuast outlet in usable condition and is the gas overflow tube still formly attached?

Just to one up the coincidence; this morning I was tearing down and inspecting the gas heater that I got for my convertable and it has all the same issues.

-Jeb Anderson