[FC] Sound Deadening

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 21 12:08:00 EST 2010

The product from West Marine, although not inexpensive, has numerous
good reviews for firewall use among the 356 Porsche community.

It does seem that there have been some recent advances in aftermarket
automotive sound control related to the car stereo market, and you
should probably check out those sources, also.  Agreed that the vans can
get rather noisy for a longer drive -- we had a 2" foam pad back there
for sleeping, and it didn't do much (or at least enough) for sound control.

One of the reasons I now have my rampy project -- sound control -- heat
is the other one.  Of course, I now have a Lakewood to make up for it --
guess my memory is not that good (but it doesn't have all those flat
steel reverberation panels that make up a van) ...

Bill Strickland