[FC] <VV> Drain plug installation--64 FC manual transaxle

Paul Steinberg noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 24 10:24:04 EST 2010

When I had my original 1962 Corvair, you couldn't shift it in cold weather.
Back then, the recommendation was to change the lube to Kendal 80/90/140
three star lubricant and to add 2 ounces of Molybdenum disulfate to the oil.
This "formula" was originally developed for the military to use in the tanks
that went from the cold weather of Europe to the heat of Africa.  Worked
well for me, and never had a problem after that, nor did it need to be
changed.
Paul in CT