[FC] tech guide Gen/ alt conversion

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Mon Jul 12 12:28:58 EDT 2010

I looked at my tech guide and found a date of 1986. I followed its instructions for replacing the generator with an alternator on Rampy, and in step #6 the guide tells you to take the second brown wire and connect it to terminal # XX. I have one brown wire from the alternator and one from the body harness and those are already connected. Was there a updated procedure on this?
I did find the red wire loose in its connection to the plastic plug goping to the regulator and also the blue wire so loose it fell out of the same plug. The regulator is a new unit for alternator cars installed at the same time as the alt.
Tim W. '61 rampy