[FC] oil temp

Rad Davis rad.davis at mindspring.com
Sun Mar 7 21:04:56 EST 2010

Don't replace a folded fin with a 12 plate.  The folded fin has two
advantages: it is the small 'standard' size, and it uses less air to
cool the same volume of oil.

The factory abandoned it in favor of the waffle-plate cooler because
they perceived two disadvantages:  it was more expensive to make, and
the small hole size made it easily plugged by leaves, mouse nests, and
other debris.

If you keep your cooler clean (I spray mine with brake cleaner annually
when I take off the inspection plate during spring cleaning), a
folded-fin will do just fine.  A Greenbrier shouldn't need more cooler
unless you're running A/C or towing something heavy.

- Rad Davis