[FC] FC camper production figures

Ben and Lynn Stiles lbstiles at verizon.net
Sun Mar 7 22:10:41 EST 2010

Hi Group:

Does anyone have any information on the production figures for the GM dealer installed camper kits? We are interested in 1964 specifically.

A Corvanatics member asked me if I knew any numbers, and I do not. I seem to remember Bob Kirkman writing years ago that the figures were never kept by the folks who produced the kits in Florida, and that being dealer installed, GM would not have a record of the overall production/installations.

We also seem to remember hearing that some source estimated that possibly 5% of FC production became GM campers.

Any further information? Refutes? Agreements??

Thanks.  Ben