[FC] Two Significant Corvair Events

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Wed Mar 10 23:24:07 EST 2010

One in New Jersey, one in Vermont, both great opportunities.

 > Sunday, May 30, 35th annual all-makes car show conducted by the
Jersey Lakeland Region of the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America, in
Franklin Lakes, NJ.  The Corvair is the "feature car" for 2010.  In
support of this, The New Jersey Association of Corvair Enthusiasts is
reimbursing the registration fee for ALL Corvair owners who enter
their car in the show.

This popular and well-run show typically draws in excess of 300 cars
and thousands of spectators.  It is a non-judged, "participation
awards" show.  We are endeavoring to get a great turnout of Corvairs,
and at this early stage we have a promise from Pete Koehler to be
there with his CPF "MuseumBrier," we have a display engine committed,
and we have reasonably strong assurance that we will have the Fitch
Phoenix on hand.  If you live within a reasonable driving distance of
this northern NJ location, we invite you to participate.  Remember,
NJACE will return your registration fee to you on the day of the show.

In cooperation with the JLR-VCCA, a registration form will be
available on both the JLR-VCCA web site and the NJACE web site
commencing late this month.  But in the meantime please mark your
calendar and plan to attend.

 > Weekend, July 16-17-18, 4th annual Hemmings Concours, an all-makes
"cruise-in" car show and a concours d'elegance, at Stratton Mountain,
VT.  The Corvair is one of several "feature cars" for this year, and
I have been asked by Hemmings to help coordinate Corvair particpation
in the Saturday car show.

Specifically, I have been asked to keep a running tally of Corvairs
that will be attending, so that the Hemmings crew can establish a
"Corvairs only" area at the entrance to the show.  The Saturday show
is a judged show open to all pre-1985 cars and trucks, including
street rods and custom cars, while the Sunday concours is by
invitation only.  For the Sunday concours Hemmings is seeking one of
each model year Corvair, with a representation of body styles across
those years, so if you own a concours-quality Corvair that you think
may fit the bill, check out Hemmings' web site to see how to submit
an application.  For the Saturday car show, more than 250 cars are expected.

If you are going to attend the Saturday car show with your Corvair,
please let me know.  If we have a high enough count by mid-April,
Hemmings will include the special Corvair display in their
promotional materials and show program.  Then, as more cars join in,
I can keep Hemmings informed so that the reserved area is of sufficient size.

If you live within a reasonable distance of Stratton, Vermont, you
are strongly encouraged to participate.  Check out Hemmings' web site
for all the event details, and again, please let me know so I can
keep an accurate count.

Both of these events, the VVCA show on May 30th and the Hemmings
weekend in July, are great ways to show off our cars to a wide
cross-section of automotive enthusiasts and the general
public.  Please join us.

Bob Marlow
Vairtec at optonline.net