[FC] FC air conditioning did they have them

Rad Davis rad.davis at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 12 23:13:41 EST 2010

Dave Newell published an article in the Communique.  I honestly don't
remember the condenser arrangement if it was even described.  Given GM's
designs for the other Corvairs, and the reality of 40 amp generators,
I'm guessing that it was going to have to be mounted in one/both quarter
panels  - no room on top of the engine.

The funky part I do remember was the evaporator, which was an odd
ceiling-mount box in the back of the van.  I think I have that
communique somewhere...

Many people have done installations - My father decided on using a
truck-top condenser box turned upside down mounted between the frame
rails.  It works well on his Rampside.  He used an aftermarket
evaporator and ductwork package mounted on the dash.  There is a large
variety of these available because of the booming business in vintage
rods and customs.