[FC] Air Conditioning/ Archive

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Sun Mar 14 11:56:52 EDT 2010

Re: "...I would love to hear from Mike about how well this system has
performed for his wife's 64 Greenbriar..."

Thanks for asking, Jeb; we live in sunny, hot, Florida, and the system
performs beautifully... it's reliable and cools very well. Being an AC
contractor, going into the project I realized having enough condenser would be
critical; hence, the system has two, parallel-flow condensers connected in
series (as-well-as front & rear evaporators): one condenser in the rear  engine
air intake body cavity (air drawn across by engine air blower), and the
other mounted horizontally, just rearward of the front bumper, under the front
 floorboard... this condenser receives forced convection cooling via an
electric  fan; the fan cycles on head pressure, with the cycling switch located
on  receiver next to this condenser. The front condenser also receives
"road" air  through a cut out in the under-bumper, front valance.  (A link to
detailed documentation of entire system--both pictures &  text--located in
Jeb's email string, below). The vehicle is driven  frequently; in fact, it's
going to the Florida Keys this coming  April.

I've also converted a factory air, 67 coupe, to an R-134a system. The last
several pics, at the following site, provide a peek at how I handled
getting  enough condenser function from the OEM condenser:
_http://rides.webshots.com/album/58895182BNCYAp_ (http://rides.webshots.com/album/58895182BNCYAp)
 .

Enjoy...
Mike Mauro

In a message dated 3/14/2010 11:17:52 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,