[FC] grinding noise

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Wed May 5 11:43:19 EDT 2010

 Grinding noise is like saying your arm hurts.

Do you know specifically where the noise is coming from? Of course not! if you did you wouldn't be asking here.

Is the grinding all the time? Is there a once in a rotation grind? Is it a rumble rather than a grind? Is it under acceleration, deceleration? Is it there when you turn both ways, L & R?

In just using what you said below, Check the brake drum to backing plate. If there was a change in the wheel attitude it could be rubbing and that would sort of go away at higher speeds. If it is the drum to backing plate it will be near the top of the plate.

Ken Hand
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com