[FC] Shelter Unit for Greenbrier

Kevin Clark kevin@kcvairbrush.com kevin at kcvairbrush.com
Tue May 11 21:50:10 EDT 2010

Dan,
I have never heard or knew there was an option and would be
interested in seeing any info or brochure on that.

I bought a new "vintage" awning made available from Marti' Awnings of
California. He makes vintage awning for teardrop trailers using new
modern material. His craftsmanship is excellent. He will make one in
any size to fit your need. You can reach him at domy at sbcglobal.net or
530-891-5120. Get on eBay and keyword vintage awning. He has one on
there right now with a white and red stripe.

I built my "kiosk" for my 63 Corvan and It looks vintage with one
exception. I used a spare axle bolted on my spare tire and slid a pcv
tube on the axle as an extension for a tent pole and that kept the
awning in place in windy condition. This allowed me to set up on a
parking lot without driving any stakes in the ground for the guy wire.

I found a vintage ladder rack from Ben's Bus and I know someone from
Michigan might still have a set. I bolted a long 2x4 on it and
attached a "C" awning rail from an RV dealer. The awning slides right
through the "C" rail and make set up quick and easy.

I plan to set-up again at the Classic Corvair Show and Swap in Fort
Wayne, IN this weekend. If you are in the area, come by and check it
out.

Here is a link to some of the older pictures of my kiosk: http://
www.picturetrail.com/gid13295676

Kevin