[FC] 15" wheels

Ben and Lynn Stiles lbstiles at verizon.net
Sun May 16 16:25:56 EDT 2010

Greetings-

I know this subject has been beaten to death on this forum. I have read
the posts in the past with limited attention as I never intended to go
this route. Now the time has come by necessity. The disk brake kit I
bought from Pete requires 15" wheels. This means I need help figuring out:

1) what 15" wheel/tire combo will give me good ratios close to stock?
What insets are acceptable (especially for rear wheel wells?)
2) can I come up with a combo that will keep me as low to the ground as
stock (my garage door opening is not getting any higher...the van can't
either)
3) what 15" wheels will allow me to still run my Chevy baby moon
hubcaps? (ie. I ran them on my Scotty trailer with 15" wheels...but they
are Ford pattern. I want to keep the "look" I enjoy with the Baby moons
but need 15" wheels)
4) Things need to happen quickly as Jeff needs the van out of his shop
and I need to get it home to finish a few things for the Iowa trip

Any help appreciated. Thanks as always!

Ben