[FC] my day so far ( 2 battery boxes in a greenbrier?)

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Nov 16 15:21:04 EST 2010

after physical therapy this morning for about 2 hours for my shoulders and
hip damaged by a fall in my shop, i came home to a trailer with a 63
greenbrier  on it to parts out. so while the guy and his son were talking , i
jacked it up  and removed the powertrain.  then i had them help me put it away
after  separating it. i am now whipped , sore again , and they left after
about 2 hours  wondering how i did that...but i did end up with a lot of parts
from it , they  did the "heavy work" moving the motor and transmission ,and
they learned how  quick the early stuff comes apart. i took all screws out
properly on this  one...
anyhow this greenbrier has 2 battery boxes , and they look factory!  i
will look closer soon , and take detailed pictures. with any luck i might be
able to cut it out without ruining it. if someone did it , it sure looks
factory.
i am getting a lot of parts off it for the "crampy" project in return for
taking the motor out for him.
  we hope to have a few parts off it for sale soon,AFTER i get mine.
starting with a 3:89 (HE) differential that has an old injury to the throwout
shaft  (drove OK, caught me by surprise when i saw it ).
looks like i finished just in time , it is now raining hard out..
regards, tim colson