[FC] "Replacement Engines"

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 18 12:30:40 EST 2010

When I referred to replacement engines the other day, I was not posting
about the XX series blocks, I was referring to used engines from the
"salvage" and other yards

By 1975, many Corvairs had, for the time,. what were considered very
high mileage motors, while others, often wrecked by "little old lady"
drivers, had very low mileage engines.  And a solution presented
itself.  My two Corsas were of this latter type vehicle, minor damage,
but enough to total.  Furthering the stereotype, they were "really" cheap.

Just clearing up any misunderstanding.

Bill Strickland