[FC] shrouds and alternator supports

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sat Nov 20 10:31:42 EST 2010

plastic plug does NOT hold up...ask me how i know.  a radio snap in  metal
chassis plug (like cigarette lighter delete plug ) will work , but brazing
a patch looks a little better...to me.
i think you can see what i mean by searching some of my pictures on  the
_www.cnycorvair.com_ (http://www.cnycorvair.com)   website.
on thealt brackets , painted after soft plug installed never leak or weep ,
 unpainted may show a slight weeping after a while. the last one i did i
used a  brass soft plug. it should match aluminum expansion / contraction a
touch  better.  maybe a coat of a good clear coat..just my thoughts and past
expieriences.
regards, tim colson