[FC] FC on eBay

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Wed Nov 24 14:29:20 EST 2010

I am inclined to give the seller a little slack.  His description sounds
better than the photos depict, but he posted A LOT of photos and he did
not hide things like the pinged glass or the White Trash Repair battery.

The Bondo is pretty obvious.  It needs work, but it looks like a very
fixable Rampside.

And I appreciate that the interior is largely unmolested and has not
been "restored" by someone with a can of Sherwin-Williams and a brush.

However, it is scary buying a Rampside without personal inspection.  Not
far from me, there is a very rusty-looking Rampside which is actually
structurally perfect, and a few miles in the other direction there is a
solid-looking Rampside the undercarriage of which is about ready to
collapse.  The structurally-sound one has a Sherwin-Williams interior
(applied by an untrained monkey, I think) while the ready-to-collapse
one has a nice original interior.

--Bob Marlow