[FC] Batteries

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Wed Nov 24 16:49:38 EST 2010

On 11/24/2010 3:05 PM, BBRT wrote:

> Now that Harry got your attention, was there ever an option for dual
> batteries? I am thinking, another battery support and factory lid on the
> right hand /passenger side? Identical to the stock left side?

There was no such option, but it would not be difficult to create.  On
the RH side, the muffler is just below where the battery would be
located, which might tend to cook the second battery, but otherwise I
see no real obstacles.

Still, unless you are putting a big drain on your battery, such as in an
RV application, I see no need.  But if you are putting a big drain on
your battery, you could put several where the heater is (above the
transaxle), and one in each rear wheelhouse ahead of the tire...

--Bob Marlow