[FC] Glass, can be a pain in the

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Sat Oct 2 11:35:58 EDT 2010

 I can't say that I have ever cracked an early or FC windshield going in but I have cracked a late model car glass going in. What I analyzed was the trim clip got into the edge of the windshield and put a stress riser there and when you put pressure on the glass to seat it, it breaks. On a late, I always take the trim clips out before installation and if I am trying to save the glass I take them off before removal.

Ken Hand
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com