[FC] Thrush/Cherrybomb mufflers for FC's

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Thu Oct 7 20:47:02 EDT 2010

 I know what you are hearing in the exhaust but you don't want a cherry bomb. If  you think your exhaust sounds good now it will just be flat out loud with a cherry bomb. The best muffler that I found was at your local FLAPS. It will be either A485 or 18635 for a part number. If those numbers don't come up then look for a 6" round with a  side inlet and a side exit. I know that sounds funny with a round muffler but the inlet is on one side of the circle of the muffler and on the other end the outlet is on the opposite side of the circle. You will not find a direct bolt on without getting some kind of adapter for the pipe size differences. What I always did was get one of the adapters that would just slide inside the inlet of the muffler then cut about 2" off and slide it on the cross over and slide the muffler on and there you go. Vroom Vroom

Ken Hand
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com