[FC] Shims between Transmission And Front Engine Mount Bracket Question!

Ben's Bus bensbus at verizon.net
Mon Oct 11 15:00:04 EDT 2010

Whichever is correct...mine was incorrect for our entire trip out to
Iowa. Allen Bristow noticed my van "crabbing" to the left in a caravan
and pointed out to me how the rear wheels were not centered or
symmetrical within the rear wheel wells. The resulting problems included
two very worn tires and untold lost fuel mileage.

Leading up to this I had had my rear crossmember and other suspension
components replaced at a Corvair shop...and took it back to them to have
the problem corrected. I also think I am owed new tires to replace those
worn out after it left their shop.

Well- we picked it up yesterday and the van is driving a truer,
straighter line now, but I am not happy with the end result of the
shop's taking of responsibility.

We'll see how it goes.

Ben