[FC] electrical

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Wed Oct 20 10:31:05 EDT 2010

I replaced the voltage regulator last night with a new one, and re- checked all connections. ASfter hooking up the plug to the regulator, I grounded the new regulator to the batteries' ground strap with a jumper wire, the red "gen": light on the dash went out, I thought I had the fix!!  Then I tightened everything down and closed the lid.  When I went to shut off the motor the red light was back on. I am back to suspecting the alternator, I guess. If I wish to test the al;ternators output which wire do I hook up the test leads to on the alternator?
Tim W '61 Rampy 140