[FC] Air Fuel ratios concerns

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 20 12:36:50 EDT 2010

>I think that you are being obsessive compulsive about this ..LOL...

Sounds like it runs, not too rich, not too lean -- I'd agree, Paul ---

>>I understand too, that at accelerating, could get a leaner condition

Somehow, I don't think leaner acceleration would get much traction at
the drag strip, but it is your car, and if you want to try and pretend
you don't have carbs, that's your business.  Or maybe you don't
understand the idea behind Acceleration?

>>What I don't know is if my readings ... are in an acceptable range
>>or can be improved.

Only you will be able to tell us if they can be improved or not. If an
infernal amount of tinkering as to whether you can improve them or not
makes you happy, go for it.  If you are never going to be happy with
carbs, why try?
What I want to know is whether your readings change if you change fuels
-- ie, 15% ethanol, 10% ethanol,  no ethanol.

For a carb A/F reference point, let me refer you to any automotive
induction text book from the sixties or seventies.

Anybody remember ash gray exhaust pipes?

Bill Strickland