[FC] FC Shifter Bracket Part 2 - pic

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Wed Oct 27 15:00:06 EDT 2010

_http://www.unm.edu/~geoffj/images/Host/FC-Bracket.jpg_
(http://www.unm.edu/~geoffj/images/Host/FC-Bracket.jpg)

under a lot of FC's with std shift. it bolts to rear crossmember  as a
"stabilizer" with no rubber directly invovled. i just tighted it up and then
the  locknut on any i worked on. what year? i dont know , but it is in the
1963 FC  assembly manual section 6 (engine) sheet C7.00  3799222 bracket
assembly.
it is shown in the assembly manual with adjustment instructions. the bolt
must contact engine mounting bracket with specified torque with all 4 wheels
on  the ground. only thing is , i cant read which diamond goes where in
torque  chart.  i have some in my collection of "stuff" from parted out
vehicles.  all of my present FC's are powerslides.
regards, tim colson.