[FC] proof of vehicle age in the uk

The Hartops katie.hartop at virgin.net
Fri Sep 10 09:29:32 EDT 2010

Hi,
I am currently pulling my hair out trying to prove to the DVLA in England that my greenbrier was built in '62. ( 2R126S116382 )
I have explained the VIN etc. but they insist that they need a certificate from the manafacturer including the vin number and the date of manufacture!
I know that v.w. in milton keynes offer a service like this for their bugs and buses but can't find anything at all to say if Chevy offer the same and if so how to go about it.
Does anyone out there know how to get them what they need?
I can't register and drive my van without it.
Cheers,
Chris.