[FC] Trans Question

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Mon Sep 13 17:46:31 EDT 2010

OK, my turn to ask the question.
I think I have an FC trans but I know the counter gear and main shaft tooth count will be different than stock. Since this is an NOS trans I don't want to disassemble any more than the side cover. I have counted the main shaft gear and for first gear I count 29 teeth. I checked one of my other stock main shaft gears and I have a 31 tooth count. This leads me to belive this is an FC trans plus the back up switch hole is plugged.

Anyone remember what the tooth counts are? This appears to be a 64-5 trans.

Thanks

Ken Hand
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com