[FC] air dam

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Thu Apr 7 22:00:05 EDT 2011

At 18:02 4/07/2011 -0700, RON BLOOM wrote:

>Good afternoon, Eddie
>Wanted to pass on some info regarding a air dam. A plastic air dam  from a
>Ford Aerostar 1993 minivan (Referance Corsa tech guide)  Body page 44, FC
>fits  almost perfect. I have one on my 62 Greenbrier 110 Slushy, and it
>does make a big difference..

I installed the Aerostar air dam on our 64 Greenbrier and the fit was very
good.  AFAIK it is still on that Greenbrier, which we sold to Jim Forgey of CT.

Currently,  I have installed an air dam for the 89-92 Ford Ranger (Ford
part # E9TZ17626A - Valance) on our 65 Greenbrier.  I have to say that the
Ranger air dam is an even a better fit and extends down about 1/2-3/4"
lower.  The outboard ends of the air dam are retained by the existing 9/16"
head body bolts that attach the lower cab corners. The center is held up
with speed nuts and 3/4" #12 sheet metal screws that run up through the
bottom edge of the lower panel.

Our Greenbrier also has the front control splash shield.  There are some
special modifications  (trimming both parts) needed to make the air dam and
splash shield fit.

Any type of air dam you fit will help reduce buffeting in cross winds.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI