[FC] 61 Rampside Deluxe Value

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 20 14:12:45 EDT 2011

corvanatics-request at corvair.org wrote:

>...  I drove from Chicago to Maryland (just outside DC) and
>back on an overnight trip.  Saw 3 of them on the trip.  Did not buy any of
>those 3

When will folks learn?  It is far less expensive, overall, to buy a
butter truck and ship it than to buy one close buy and do far more
structural repairs than the vehicle is worth.

Ie, you went the wrong direction on your little trip -- don't go east to
find better bodies, go west -- Ron's rigs were in SE Washington state,
and were well advertised at the time.  Y'all that wrote them off because
they were too far away are the losers, as well as the Corvair hobby in
general.  Crushing structurally good rigs is still not uncommon out this
way 'cause one can't store them all.

Similarly, Joe Amador, although in SF, sounds like he needs to look a
little more to find a better hulk than the one for which he wants a roof.

Bill Strickland