[FC] follow up

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Fri Apr 22 10:24:25 EDT 2011

About a year ago this group was helping me diagnose a loud squeal in my Rampys 140- 4 speed. I could not find the source, and feared it was related to how i installed the new pilot bushing or one of the main bearings. Anyway, It turns out that It was a simple vacuum leak. With no proper GM air cleaner for the 4 carbs on its' 140, I fitted them with 4 small chrome individual units. Then I plumbed the PCV pipe to a road- draft tube with an extension from the small nipple on the side of the PCV tube going to the nipple on the carburetor balance tube. My mechanic saw it and plugged the balance tube:- end of "squeal"  problem and end of driveability issues from screwed - up fuel mixture and vaccum leak.Thge truck runs really well now and quiet!!Tim W '61 Rampy 140 4 sp.