[FC] FC brake cables too short

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Tue Aug 30 08:58:24 EDT 2011

You didn't specify how short of connecting they were. When hooked to the bar in the brake drum the spring on the end will pull the cable shorter and you need to pull the slack out. You will gain almost 2" a side by pulling on the cables. Again this comes down to how much you are lacking in connecting the cables. If it is 6" a side then the above isn't the case. Is the park brake handle pulled?

Ken Hand
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x118/vairmech/Viet%20Nam%20Pictures%201971/