[FC] intermediate door windows

Steve Spilatro spilatrs at marietta.edu
Sat Dec 10 16:43:20 EST 2011

I'm looking for advice on the correct sequence for reinstalling intermediate door windows and mechanisms in my 61 GB.  The assembly manual (sheet 116) suggests installation first of the window channel assemblies (the inner metal tracks), window channel and outer fuzzy. Sheet 117 then shows installation of the window and mechanisms.  However, the window glass will not fit into the door with those metal tracks and the channel in place.  So what's the right way to do this, and be able to get the window channel properly secured in place?  Also,in lieu of the long gone clips, is 3M weatherstrip adhesive the best way to secure the channel?
Thanks
Steve S