[FC] Buying/Selling on the Corvanatics list

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Wed Dec 28 10:09:48 EST 2011

On 12/28/2011 9:57 AM, Dave Sanger wrote:
> Fellow Members:
>
> I suggest that Corvanatics communications be used exchange of technical information and items of interest to all members; it should not be used as a substitute for eBay or Craigs List for people wanting to buy and sell merchandise. Just my thoughts!

Hi, Dave--

In principle, I agree with you -- the Corvanatics list should not be a
substitute for eBay or Craigslist.  But in this case, the listmember
wrote a brief and concise "parts wanted" note, so I do not find it in
appropriate.

Admittedly, this individual posts such "parts wanted" messages with some
frequency, but they are always brief, with a relevant subject line, with
his name attached, so here again I am not bothered by it.

Further, his notes have been FC-specific, as opposed to being about
Corvairs in general or even other vehicles.

Were any individual posting regularly to sell items, such that it began
to border on commercial enterprise, then I might sing a different tune.
If any individual were to abuse the privilege, seeking or offering parts
not relevant to FC owners, I might view things differently.

But in general, I find messages such as the recent "parts wanted"
listing to be consistent with the notion of FC owners helping one another.

--Bob