[FC] Tire Question Drags On

Mike Clark mclark67 at charter.net
Sat Feb 5 22:48:30 EST 2011

That video is flawed about as much as the Malibu/59 Chevy video and the NBC
video of the fireworks-started gas tank fire in the Chevy pickup.

If you are driving on a slick road, you wouldn't be maintaining 45mph.  You
most certainly would feel the back end creeping out, just as you'd feel the
front end plowing.  From the beginning of time until recently, the accepted
thinking was two new tires went on the rear.  I'm sure they did plenty of
testing to support that.  And now somehow physics has changed and it's all
different.  Give me a break.

If the new thinking is supposed to be a bandaid for people who don't know
how to drive, Michelin is doing the driving public a severe misservice.
Bottom line, the driver has to be responsible for what happens when he's in
control of his automobile.

Mike