[FC] Engine update

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Feb 24 13:35:40 EST 2011

On Feb 24, 2011, at 10:26 AM, lechevrier at earthlink.net wrote:

> It's not broken, it seems, just quiet -- maybe just everybody's hands are frozen to their carbs while they tried to de-ice them.

In my case I've started back up on a new engine build (kind of a long story).  I have a '65 FC 110/PG case (RX code) that I checked at last weekend's local club meeting, it looks really good - only the rear main bearing oil slot needed a little matching and the cam bearing on the gear end measured less than 2 thousands clearance.

I have a pair of 95 heads I'm prepping - deflash and port clean up - and a good set of rods that have about a gram weight spread.  Once the heads are ready they, the rods, and a set of barrels will go off for machining.  I haven't picked out a crank yet, but likely that will go to Moldex in Michigan, I've heard good things about them from the aircraft guys.  It's a little pricey but I've seen enough broken cranks that I want to do this one right.

Not sure when this will actually get done, but that's where I'm at.

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
  Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa
  Kid cars: 00 Grand Marquis, 00 Miata