[FC] Engine block rear housing

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Thu Jan 6 20:41:46 EST 2011

on the car blocks i converted to FC , i drilled the hole for an FC filler
pipe , and put a soft plug in the car oil filler pipe filler hole.  there
are pictures of some of my "conversions" on the web picture site  :
_http://www.corvair.de/n2vzd/_ (http://www.corvair.de/n2vzd/)      i also
"converted " early FC blocks to late guts with a 4 inch angle  grinder...all
worked out well. use carefully applied silicone rubber (GOOD stuff  like
loctite 5900b etc ) on the  filler pipe.
i have found that the glossy  kinds of silicone sealer (including  blue) do
not work as well. let it dry 24 hours or so before flooding it with  oil.
that method has worked several times for me.
regards, tim colson

In a message dated 1/6/2011 8:31:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,