[FC] good article

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Mon Jan 17 13:17:56 EST 2011

I always read Hot Rod magazine when I fly to see my Grandkids.  Last issue ( Feb 2011) had a great article on the GM (tri power) multi- carb setup Pontic used. The writer explains how the engines were designed to run on the primary 2 barrel then switch to a 6 barrel once the throttle was %50- 60 open, and it sounds much like the arrangements on our 140 motors. The differences between the primary and secondary carbs are very similar also to our 140 primary and secondaries.  The writer explains how GM sealed the throttle plates on those secondaries with special thicker throttle blade, a special thermosetting graphite material used in the throttle  bores. Good reading!! Tim '61 Rampy 140 4 sp.