[FC] Question About Nos Pleasurizer Shocks!

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Sun Jan 30 14:10:17 EST 2011

At 06:25 1/30/2011 -0800, eddie iglar wrote:
>Installing Shocks on my rampside! Is Gm Pleasurizer shocks on front and
>back better then going to local auto parts store and buying updated shocks
>like KYB or Gabriel from clarks! Need Input thks

This depends upon what you like.  I did not like the excessive rebound
effect of the stock FC front suspension so I installed a set of custom
front springs from Ken Hand.   However, I like a controlled ride and
positive feedback from the road surface (rather than a classic Cadillac
ride) so I also installed Bilstein #B46-0925 shocks front and rear.  To me,
this is an almost perfect setup.

The Bilstein B46-0925 application is for Dodge D100-150-250 trucks and
B100-150-200 vans.  Some minor modifications to the shocks and rear A-arm
are needed to make them fit.

If you decide to install Ken Hand's springs, you may want to consider also
installing an ADDCO front anti-roll bar to make up for lost roll stiffness
due to the lower spring rate.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI