[FC] FC False Alarm Idiot Light

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Mon Jul 11 09:43:59 EDT 2011

 It sounds like you need to do a little troubleshooting. The first thing you need to do is disconnect the oil pressure sending unit, turn the key on and see what light comes on. It should only be the the GEN/FAN light. If all OK there then you need to unplug the Alternator 2 wire connector and ground out the oil sending wire, only the TEMP/PRESS light should be on. If both are on at any time there is a wiring problem. You can even reach up and take out both lights from the dash to eliminate any indicating malfunction. Just make sure they go back in the correct spots when done. That is easily done by leaving the oil PSI wire off and turn the key on, with the GEN/FAN bulb lit, just put it in the correct hole. Plug in the oil PSI wire with the key on and do the same for that bulb.

Ken Hand
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x118/vairmech/Viet%20Nam%20Pictures%201971/