[FC] 140 in an FC

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Mon Jul 18 15:36:44 EDT 2011

SteveRE interior paint colorI stated that my entire interior was the metallic tan color, but I should have added that there was a terrific amt. of rust on the floor, and that the P.O> had coated what was left with a blackish rust convertor product, so i just assumed the whole inside was the metallic tan. I have repainted the truck interior the same as the aqua blue - green exterior color and then also painted the cab roof the same white as the stripe on the side.I have since installed 'Brier style carpet from Clarks. Also the P.O. had replaced the drivers door with one from a deluxe, as the crank handles extend waaaay inward past the steel interior surface.  Like you I had to make mods to the original shrouds to make them fit the 140 engine around the 4 carbs and the rear motor mount, as well as make custom parts to fit the larger oil cooler of the 140. I did not have the original air clenaer for the old 80 HP motor so i bought the 4 small chrome ones from Clarks and cut away the load bed support in order to clear the air cleaner on the right side. I also welded in a piano hinge on the leading edge of the engine cover and installed a hold - open from a car to hold it when i inspect or work on the engine. I thought I would need soem sort of latch but the sheer weight of the lid keeps it down just fine.I will send pix  in reg email as this forum does not allow picture attachments.Tim