[FC] FC Front Spindle

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Wed Jul 20 14:48:41 EDT 2011

Today I looked at an old Hollander interchange manual as used by salvage yards. The FC Steering knuckle (w/ spindle) is unique to the FC 61-65.

No interchange without mods. I presume that Joel Rushworth found all this out.  "You need Tri-5 Chevy drop spindles. And then the lower ball joint hole has to be reamed out to fit the FC ball joint".  (That would be tapered.)

>From Matt Nall and Bob Marlow :

http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.php?1,426529

The various front brake parts come from or are similar to the 55-57 Chevys.  ".... '57 chevy disc brake conversion kit bolts right onto the Rampside. No mods at all."

The hub is the same as the 61-66? Chevy Passenger car & 63-64 Vette, if the guy behind the counter read it right. Therefore the spindle surface size and bearings are common, as we know.

Chuck Sadek
'64 FC project ..."Chuckster"