[FC] axles

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Wed Jun 8 12:33:43 EDT 2011

EddieRe axle yoke removal. I employed a gear puller with a stout washer over the hole where the retainer bolt goes. This applies a conctant pulling force. while that is attached I use my propane torch to heat the yoke, sprayed with WD - 40 then held a piece of flat steel stock against the edge of the yoke and proceed to pound, using my heavy ball peen hammer, moving the edge of the steel all around the perimieter. When the yoke cooled i rested my arms and held the torch to the yoke all the while applying WD-40. Then pick up hammer and steel and keep repeating. Good luck! you will be happy when you have the 4 pirvrs on your workbench!Tim'61 Rampy 140 4= sp